It’s been a few years since I’ve done any candle-making. I had this design idea years ago, but never tried it. It’s a white candle shell with wax holly leaves and berries. The latex mold has been in storage in the box a while, it’s a little… less round than it used to be. It also had some wax flake on it, that was troublesome, but it worked out just fine.
I used more than ten scoops of the white wax cyrstals for the mold. I didn’t bother topping off the mold after it cooled. There’s a depression in the cooling wax, but what the heck, it wasn’t wobbly or too thin or anything, so I left it. I have terrible trouble getting seams and stuff doing multiple pours. I still don’t know why.
Then I poured the green wax onto aluminum foil in my small toaster oven tray. I had practiced with the leftover white wax — cutting the holly leaf shapes. And making berries. They’re kinda ugly and homemade-looking. Although it doesn’t look too bad from a distance.
I warmed up the holly leaves in the toaster oven, then used a firelighter on them to melt the one side enough to stick to the outside of the candle shell. I tried it with the berries, but no dice, so I just hot-glued the suckers :X
My wax crystals aren’t very powdery any more, so I’m not sure what I will use inside this candle shell. But it’s supposed to have the white wax crystals looking like snow, with a wire wick inserted. Maybe I will knock enough loose to do that.